Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Pumpkin spice granola bars

Yum! I love granola bars. Ever since I was a tiny little girl mama would give them to us. Especially during long car rides, when we got real cranky.
Ok, so on to the recipe. I couldn't find many pumpkin granola recipes. So I created my own. Hope you enjoy!
Start by mixing 1/4 cup of honey on the stove. I used a mixture of three, well, just cuz I could. Next, stir in 1 tablespoon of minced ginger. Let it heat up on low for a little while, just to warm it up a bit. Then stir in about 3 tablespoons pumpkin puree. Let it heat till it bubbles gently, don't let it boil.
In a large bowl, preferably glass, mix together 5 cups rolled oats, 1/4 cup flaxseeds, 1 cup raisins or craisins, or currants, and a half cup unsweetened coconut.
Moving back to the sauce on the stove stir in one tablespoon coconut oil, and one teaspoon of cinnamon, one 1/4 teaspoon cloves, and maybe a bit more ginger, if you want. Pour over the oat mixture; stir well. Form into whatever shapes you like, on a cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment